[mythtv-users] Installing mythbuntu with myth 22 using latest nvidia drivers

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Sun Dec 13 16:44:21 UTC 2009

Brent Bolin wrote:
> Can somebody point me to a how-to for install mythbuntu with latest
> nvidia drivers
>
> Think 190 or195 was mentioned on this list that has the option to fix
> overscan using the nvidia-settings gui
>
> Every time I attempt to use http://www.avenard.org repos it corrupts
> the install
>
> I have followed the directions as best I can.  Could be missing
> something but what... isn't clear
>

> Really need to get over scan issues resolved on a large Panasonic rear
> projection HDTV.  Recordings names, flagged info etc... is off the
> screen.
>
> I have also tried modifying using myth settings in playback offset and
> pixel without any results.  I would prefer to fix from the driver side
> as I'm sure there is more over scan on the picture then is needed.
>
> Help please

Here's how installed the nvidia drivers... I don't run mythbuntu,but
this should work..

*For Ubuntu Karmic Users*
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nvidia-vdpau/ppa

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

*Other User
*sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

Save and exit the file

Install GPG key using the following command

sudo apt-key adv |--|keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com |--|recv-keys CEC06767

Update source list
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install nvidia-190-modaliases nvidia-glx-190
nvidia-settings-190