[mythtv-users] 720p HD content from WPVI in Philly periodic a/v sync issues

Taylor Ralph tralph11 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 18:22:03 UTC 2009

> Before the patch your sample played horribly on my system
> and with the patch it's near perfect. So even though you
> still see some a/v sync problem did the patch improve
> playback any? I did see one very brief instance where the
> timecodes went a little wacky but it was extremely brief and
> recovered properly.
>
> Could you please provide another log with -v
> playback,timestamp?
>
> Thanks.

Byron,

One significant difference between your setup and my setup is that you are using the DRM vsync method. Could you try setting the return equal to false at the end of DRMVideoSync::TryInit in libs/libmythtv/vsync.cpp. This should cause you to use one of the other vsync methods. Please report your results and include logs with -v playback,timestamp.

Thanks.

--
Taylor