[mythtv-users] clipped video from PBS

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Sun Dec 13 22:38:00 UTC 2009

Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> writes:

> On Thursday 10 December 2009, Endaf Jones <jonese at zener.com> wrote:
>> Shaw Calgary does this.
>>
>> I suspect it's Shaw that's improperly down-converting the HD signal to
>> analog.
>>
>> I've been meaning to complain, but haven't.
>
> Ah that's what I'm seeing then, thanks. I think I will complain right now!

I'm seeing the same thing on Rogers, so I suspect that means the issue
is at the source.

THe other fun thing is when the letterbox 4:3 stuff on a 16:9 feed,
and then letterbox it again to go to my 4:3 TV!
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants                 (519) 650 0660