[mythtv-users] Is it possible to use EIT and xmltv for different channels on the same encoder ?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 23:43:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Paul <paul at paulhurley.co.uk> wrote:
> I've recently rebuilt my mythtv backend using mythbuntu 9.10 and Myth 0.22,
> and it's working well.  I chose to use the radio times xmltv feed this time
> for my Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T encoder which is great for the channels
> supported, but some channels don't seem to be listed (radio stations mainly
> - bizzarly aren't listed in the 'radio' times).
>
> In the channel editor for mythweb I've ticked the 'useonairguide' checkbox
> for these channels, and created a EIT source, hoping that myth would try to
> use xmltv but if it couldn't it would use the EIT instead, but it's not
> working, these channels still just show 'no data'.
>
> Is this possible ?  If so, am I missing a configuration step ?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Paul.

In this part of the world (NZ) there isn't a lot of info for eit on
the radio channels either, so you may just be seeing the same as what
is being put out there by the radio stations.

But I don't think you can use both for a single station. I am pretty
sure it must be eit OR xmltv. So for the stations with no xmltv data
make sure there is not an xmltvid AND you have use onair guide ticked.