[mythtv-users] Is it possible to use EIT and xmltv for different channels on the same encoder ?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:23:18 UTC 2009

2009/12/13 Paul <paul at paulhurley.co.uk>:
> I've recently rebuilt my mythtv backend using mythbuntu 9.10 and Myth 0.22,
> and it's working well.  I chose to use the radio times xmltv feed this time
> for my Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T encoder which is great for the channels
> supported, but some channels don't seem to be listed (radio stations mainly
> - bizzarly aren't listed in the 'radio' times).
>
> In the channel editor for mythweb I've ticked the 'useonairguide' checkbox
> for these channels, and created a EIT source, hoping that myth would try to
> use xmltv but if it couldn't it would use the EIT instead, but it's not
> working, these channels still just show 'no data'.
>
> Is this possible ?

Yes that's what I do for the Freeview radio stations and it works well.

> If so, am I missing a configuration step ?

Perhaps.  I'm not sure what you mean by

> created a EIT source

You have to enable EIT in the backend (not exactly sure where).
Passive EIT scanning is sufficient for me.

I don't think both EIT and xmltv are supported on the same channel,
though they are supported for different channels on the same source.
You could try removing the xmltvid on one channel, just to see if
that's causing a problem.