[mythtv-users] how to delete all senders?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:31:48 UTC 2009

2009/12/14 lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de>:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:40:38AM -0500, greg wrote:
>> >
>>  Depending how you set it up the backup may be in.
>> /var/lib/mythtv/db_backups,
>
> That would be the right place, but there isn't one.
>
>> As for the channel editor,better to spend a hour with it, than trash
>> your database and spend days trying to repair....Safe trumps quick
>> in this instance...
>
> Yeah --- I'll probably have to start from scratch.

What problems are you still having?

Deleting the unnamed channels (as you mentioned at the start of the
thread) would not affect the integrity of the database. You can set a
valid starting channel for the affected input in mythtv-setup on the
Input Connections screens for that input.

Out of interest, is this a DVB-S setup? Here in the UK, a full tuned
DVB-S scan can result in a lot of unnamed/garbage channels. I usually
set their 'visible' and 'useonairguide' flags to off to stop them from
being used. The digital scanner also has several options to ignore
encrypted channels that could otherwise break recordings/LiveTV if
MythTV attempts to use them.

Cheers,
Nick

--