[mythtv-users] 720p HD content from WPVI in Philly periodic a/v sync issues

Taylor Ralph tralph11 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 23:15:14 UTC 2009

> Is there any way to disable the DRM timing method (or
> enable the
> Usleep one) without modifying the code?

The only way to do this without modifying the code is use a video card that doesn't support DRM. :) Let's first try to get your video to work with DRM. It seems the vsync methods, DRM or OpenGL, which use the hardware retrace to reach the next trigger has issues. I've attached a new patch for you to try out.

> Are you going to submit this patch for possible inclusion
> upstream?
> it makes unwatchable recordings watchable for me.  I
> appreciate your
> effort, and time.

Yes, I'll probably create a ticket in the next day or two.

Please let us know if the new patch helps at all when using DRM or OpenGL vsync.

--
Taylor