[mythtv-users] SA 8300HD and MythTV

Charles Wright cpwright at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 05:11:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Christopher Moore
<g8keepr007 at optonline.net> wrote:
> I've tried both firewire ports on the back of the STB.  I've also tried
> turning the STB off for ~30 seconds, letting it boot and plugging it back
> in.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?  Part of me thinks the ports are really disabled,
> even though the Cablevision Rep told me they were all on.
I can at least tell you there is some hope.  I have a SA4250HD from
CableVision, and plugged in one of the firewire ports just for kicks
tonight after seeing your message.  I was able to tune several
channels, including SyFy and Spike which are not part of the analog
cable.

It wasn't 100% stable in that audio dropped out at one point (I think
SyFy) , and after I unplugged and replugged it a reboot was required.
Anyway, since I still have this box connected to my Tivo I didn't
pursue it much further; but figured you should know that it is at
least not without hope.

Charles