[mythtv-users] MythVideo not reading metadata

Jarom McDonald jarom_mcdonald at byu.edu
Tue Dec 15 07:13:39 UTC 2009

I'm currently running Mythbuntu 9.04, in which I've upgraded all the MythTV
packages to JYA's 0.22 fixes. I'd never had MythVideo installed until a few
weeks ago, where I added in 5 SMB folders (they're mounted by the OS on
boot) for MythVideo to scan (without using storage groups, as some of my
videos will require mplayer).

The videos play just fine. Yesterday, however, I took a shot at loading
metadata. After doing so using the tmdb automated scripts for about 200
videos, I left MythVideo. When I re-entered it, the video list appeared
again, but did so metadata-less. It was as if I had never run the tmdb
script on any of the videos.

The really strange thing, however, is that the videometadata table in the
mythconverg DB still has the proper information, and everything looks fine
with it. It has the right paths to the files, the proper location of the fan
art/cover art (which is all still there, too), the full descriptions that
had been downloaded, etc. MythVideo just doesn't associate it with the
videos, however. If I rerun the metadata download script again, it makes a
new entry in the videometadata table, which is then subsequently ignored
when I leave MythVideo and come back in.

What in the videometadata table is MythVideo looking for that it doesn't
seem to be finding? Does it work off of the full video file path? Could the
fact that the "folders" MythVideo is pointed at are really Samba mounts be
an issue here? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jarom
--
Jarom McDonald
Assistant Research Professor, Humanities Technology