[mythtv-users] How to play audio CDs?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 17:33:00 UTC 2009

> I'm not in front of my Myth box right now, but it seems to me that you
> go into mythmusic then hit menu.  If I recall correctly, the option to
> play from the CD should be there.  If I don't recall correctly then
> sorry for the bum advice (but I do know it can be done).

It used to be that way for me.

When I pressed "3" inside mythmusic then some checkboxes appeared.

All My Music
Playlists
CD

and I could select tracks from any of those categories, without
needing to rip the CD first.

At some point  that "CD" option disappeared. (I upgraded Fedora when I
went from myth 0.20 to 0.21 and I suspect it was then).

I'd be interested to know how to get it back.  I compile mythtv and
plugins from source.  Maybe I'm missing a package dependency which is
causing mythmusic to remove the CDoption?