[mythtv-users] Adding HDHR to a master backend with an HDPVR already

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 23:17:13 UTC 2009

When I perform the channel scan it finds many different types of
channels, some conflict, some dont, but it seems that it just throws
them in the channel guide with the others.

Many of these channels do nothing but say 'this channel should be
available shortly' which looks like a TimeWarner STB error screen. I
assume that means I don't need this channel and I can't use it.

What I'd like to know is what type of channels (ATSC, MPEG or
whatever) should I be looking to add and which should I tell it to
ignore and not add?

I've got TimeWarner Digital Cable in Dallas,Tx.

I'm really just trying to get my local channels on this HDHR so that I
can record 2 network television programs at the same time w/o a second
cable box.

Please help!

-JJ