[mythtv-users] how to delete all senders?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Tue Dec 15 23:41:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:31:04PM +0000, Nick Morrott wrote:
> 2009/12/15 lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de>:
> > On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 01:31:48PM +0000, Nick Morrott wrote:

> >> Deleting the unnamed channels (as you mentioned at the start of the
> >> thread) would not affect the integrity of the database.
> >
> > Are you sure? If it doesn't, it would probably be more efficient to
> > work with the database to improve on the channel list than using
> > mythtv-setup.
>
> It doesn't affect the integrity of the database. When dealing with a
> lot of channel entries and you're comfortable with SQL, it's probably
> always be preferable to update the DB directly rather than use
> mythtv-setup.

That would be much easier, just delete the channels that don't have a
name and the ones that are named "." --- and then see what else needs
to be removed ... :)

> After scanning for channels, you should have seen a listbox of
> channels when configuring the input.

Yeah, there was an awfully long and rather useless list of channels
after scanning.

> You choose whichever channel you want LiveTV to start on.

The only way I found to do that was entereing a number into some field
hidden somewhere in the settings. Why doesn't it just start with the
first channel by default?

> Once you have successfully changed channel or recorded a programme,
> the starting channel is updated to the last used channel.

Hm, I'm not sure about that. The frontend doesn't seem to remember
which channel I watched last time.

> When I was configuring my UK Freesat channels some time ago, I
> disabled _all_ of the DVB-S channels and then selectively enabled
> those channels I wanted to use based on their Service IDs. I used a
> SQL script to automate this, as it would be ridiculously slow using
> the GUI.

Yes, the setup program needs a better GUI to set up the channels ---
or at least a way to export and to import a list. Then users could
import the list into their spreadsheet to work on it, or use tools
like sed, grep, sort etc.. Once the list is ready, it could be
imported.

How did you find out which service IDs would provide the channels you
want to receive?