[mythtv-users] 720p HD content from WPVI in Philly periodic a/v sync issues

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 03:47:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Taylor Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Please try a higher display frequency to determine if the
>> occasional dropped frames are eliminated. Other than this I
>> think you should be good to go.
>>

> Byron,
>
> Since your beefier machine plays back perfectly and your slower machine has some ghosting I'm curious if you are maxing out the CPU. I notice in your logs it is taking too long to process some frames. Could you monitor the CPU usage on both your machines while playing the video and report back?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Taylor

Taylor,

The cpu usage on the mac-mini is ranging around 35-50% on each core
during playback of 720p recording so I think it's got enough power.
The big issue with the mac-mini is the i915 graphics, but I've never
really had a problem, until the a/v sync issues popped up on the one
channel.  I'm going to try and get the display frame rate figured out.
 On a sidebnote I recently picked up a pair broadcom cyrstal hd cards
for an appletv and for the mini just for the hell of it, though they
won't be much use for mythtv for a while from the sounds of it.

I appreciate your help, I'll keep after the ghosting for a bit.

-Byron