[mythtv-users] Adding HDHR to a master backend with an HDPVR already

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 15:28:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Johnny Walker wrote:
>>
>> So what I tried was removing both sources and re-adding the HDHR first
>> so there wouldn't be any channels 'in the way'. I still got quite a
>> few notices that channels were in conflict. I don't understand this
>> since there was a blank slate to be adding these newly scanned
>> channels to.
>>
> You may be picking up the same channels broadcast by more than one
> transmitter.

I'm using US-CABLE (specifically TimeWarner in Dallas Texas). So these
are all on the same wire. Thus my confusion - how can they be a
conflict if they are all on the same wire to begin with?

 In that case, the same channel (ID) will be broadcast on a
> different channel (frequency) in order to avoid interference problems.
>
> When myth scans the second (or subsequent) channel with the same ID it
> doesn't know what to do with it. Is this the one you're supposed to have, or
> was it the previous one(s)?
>
> You *did* do a 'delete all sources' operation, didn't you, rather than
> delete each source individually? 'Delete all sources' guarantees to clean
> out all of the database info from previous attempts.

Good to know - not sure how I did it but I suppose I know how I'll be
re-doing it.