[mythtv-users] Sound only starts after switching to TV [SOLVED]

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 15:39:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Jim Morton <Jim at morton.hrcoxmail.com>wrote:

> Allen Edwards wrote:
>
>> Can you outline how you removed Pulse Audio?  That might be the source
>> of my problem with VLC but if there is something easier than what is
>> outlined in my digital audio wiki I would love to know.
>>
>> Allen
>>

> On my Mythbuntu system I just selected the pulseaudio in Synaptic to
> remove.
>
> --
>
> Jim Morton   757-626-0429
>
> Synaptic says that PulseAudio in not installed so that is not a way to
solve my problem.  Thanks again for the input though.  My problem is that
when I use VLC as the player for .ioc video files I get no sound even though
if I use a main menu button to start VLC the sound is fine.  The obvious
problem with using a main menu button is that you have to use a mouse to
select the files from a file list.  Actually, probably the biggest problem
is finding the VLC dialog with the mouse as the mouse cursor is blanked when
over any part of the screen except the small VLC dialog.

Allen