[mythtv-users] Anybody running an HD-PVR on a VM?

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Wed Dec 16 18:09:01 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> Since several of the virtualization solutions now support USB, I was wondering
> if anybody is successfully running an HD-PVR in a virtual machine.
>
> I mean running a complete Myth backend, with an HD-PVR and an HDHR, under
> VMware or VirtualBox.

I have been considering trying to schedule HD-PVR recordings in a VM with
another operating system and application to see if those recordings work
better.   I hadn't thought about running the entire backend in the VM.  I
wasn't sure it would.  Or maybe it was just frontend that doesn't?  I need to
   I'm not sure if VMware or Virtualbox would be better.  As I understand it,
Virtualbox is a paravirtualization solution and might be faster than VMware.

Alan