[mythtv-users] Sound only starts after switching to TV [SOLVED]

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Dec 16 18:49:41 UTC 2009

Jim Morton wrote:
> Allen Edwards wrote:
>> Can you outline how you removed Pulse Audio?  That might be the source
>> of my problem with VLC but if there is something easier than what is
>> outlined in my digital audio wiki I would love to know.
>>
>> Allen
>>
> On my Mythbuntu system I just selected the pulseaudio in Synaptic to
> remove.

The following removes all the pulseaudio bits which cause problems plus
a bunch of un-needed stuff in Fedora. Alsa will then work.

echo "         Now remove pulse audio files mythtv does not need"
  echo ""
  echo "         Do NOT use 'remove pulseaudio*' as this will remove
pulseaudio-libs"
  echo "         which will kill gdm and other core programs."
  echo ""
  yum -y remove pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio pavucontrol \
                pulseaudio-utils gstreamer-plugins-pulse \
                pulseaudio-core-libs akode-pulseaudio

Geoff