[mythtv-users] Antec VFD + lcdproc + Mythbuntu 9.10 works on fresh install?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 22:47:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Kingsley Turner <krt at krt.com.au> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Does anyone know if the Antec VFD works out of the box with Mythbuntu 9.10 ?
>
> Previously (18 months ago) I had to install a patched imon + lcdproc to get
> it to work, but of course with every update this breaks.
>
> Now that I've changed hemispheres, I need to do a major update of my
> mythbox, and I figured a re-install would probably be A Good Thing[TM].   Of
> course I've probably forgotten the hours of hacking to get the more esoteric
> parts of my equipment playing nicely with myth.
>
> thanks,
> -kt

Are all the Fusion's now using the same VFD? I've got an older one
that works great and am looking at the Fusion 350 now,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129046
but can't tell if it still uses the compatible imon LCD system or not.

Thanks for the help!
--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!