[mythtv-users] Video Flicker on FF, jump ahead or rewind. Why?

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 02:28:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've recently revamped my whole myth system so I may be looking for a
needle in a haystack.  With that said, I am running myth on Mandriva
2010.0 (prior was 2008.0), Kernel 2.6.31, and 22-fixes branch.  The
video is thru a Nvidia Geforce 210 using an DVI to HDMI cable.

When I'm watching a video, be it high def or regular, whenever I hit
jump ahead or rewind I notice the screen almost has to refresh itself.
It's very quick, but it's noticeable. With low-res video, I don't have
any deinterlacers on, and with VDPAU I have Temporal (2x, Hw).  With
xorg.conf, I have composite disabled.

What do you think would be causing this?  Please let me know if I can
provide any configs, or additional settings information.

Thank you,
Rick