[mythtv-users] How to set up multiple tuners with different channels?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:09:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Charles Wright <cpwright at gmail.com> wrote:
> I customized my lineups in mythweb.  You should take note that you
> should mark channels as not visible (uncheck visible), instead of
> deleting them.  When I delete a channel, and mythfilldatabase runs; it
> will automatically restore the deleted channels.  By marking them
> invisible, they stay gone.

Or you can add "--remove-new-channels" to mythfilldatabase options.

I recently figured out a problem that was related to marking channels
as invisible.  I have Dish Network, and the schedulesdirect lineup
often shows two versions of the same channel, one for SD and one for
HD.  All the important attributes (xmltv ID, callsign, etc.) are
different except the channel number.  But when watching one of these
channels in Live TV, pressing Info would list the program as
"Unknown".  I suspect the channel info was getting mapped to the
invisible channel.

Jim