[mythtv-users] Anyone using this card?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:03:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Donald J. Organ IV
<dorgan at donaldorgan.com> wrote:
>> I so wish I had bought two of these instead
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815345001&cm_re=hdhr-_-15-345-001-_-Product
>>
>> If you are looking for just one or two tuners, for sure absolutely get the
>> HDHR.
>
> How does that work?? Very keep way to cut down on slots needed and heat
> inside of the case.  But how does myth utilize it?

Mythtv has direct support for this device. A lot of users are using
them. Only problem is like all QAM cards we are at the mercy of the
cable provider. I mean you may not get very many ClearQAM stations. In
my case I have only 8 or so unencrypted stations on my comcast cable
(basically just the locals).

John