[mythtv-users] digital sound in parallel to receiver and TV

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Fri Dec 18 16:01:15 UTC 2009

My advice would be to get a macro capable learning remote and set it up to
turn on the TV, turn on the receiver, turn on the Myth FE, set the receiver
output to "TV", change the channel to your wife's favorite station, etc, all
with the press of one button.  This can work wonders for the WAF, and then
she'll be watching TV with the wonders of 5.1 surround, which is very
important if you decide to join her after she's already turned on the TV
(I'm betting you get lots of eye-rolling when you switch from TV sound to
using the receiver).

There are many capable learning remotes on ebay that are not very expensive.
I only paid about $40 for my Sony AX-4000 which is programmable via a USB
connection to your PC (windows only, of course).  They can be a hassle to
setup, but once it's done, it's done.

Just my $.02.