[mythtv-users] digital sound in parallel to receiver and TV

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Fri Dec 18 21:15:02 UTC 2009

Thanks all for your responses. (Even though there was no solution.)
Jens was right about my problem. I guess I wasn't clear enough. My
wife was positive about the universal remote idea. So who knows what
will be found under the christmas tree!! :-) (in that case thanks
Derek!)

I was hoping that some asound.conf magic could solve my problem. but
from what I read and experimented the "pass through" completely
bypasses that. So there is probably no hope of converting the signal
on alsa level to stereo for the hdmi output and leaving it unaltered
on the spdiff output.

Bert