[mythtv-users] NewEgg Cheap Nvidia GT220 Cards

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Dec 18 22:57:46 UTC 2009

> what about transcoding or commflagging using vdpau?  anyone working on
> this/already implemented?

Well, as I understand it, anything like this would need to be
implemented by nvidia and then exposed through enhancements in the
API. I don't think myth does anything like program the deint filters
or any of that. Rather it just calls the API to setup a certain set of
features and then just feeds the video data to the card through API
calls. From what I understand, myth already implements all the
features currently exposed through the API.

But yeah, those are certainly examples of the types of things they
could one might be able to expose.

--
Ron