[mythtv-users] not all remote keys work in mythvideo with firefly-mini and .22

Patrick Mansfield patman at aracnet.com
Sat Dec 19 18:47:08 UTC 2009

Hi -

I'm having a problem with mythvideo and my firefly-mini remote control.

It worked fine with myth .21, but it's not working with .22. I'm running
on Fedora 11, I've built .22 from svn source.

All the buttons on my firefly-mini work when playing regular recording,
but not when using mythvideo.

The mini uses both lirc and the regular keys - it shows up as a regular
usb keyboard, but some keys don't map to the keyboard, and are mapped in
via lirc. The wiki describes more or less what I'm using:
		http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Snapstream_firefly_mini

When I play videos using mythvideo *only* the keys mapped via lirc work.

The ones mapped to regular keyboard keys like "enter", any numbers,
up/down/left and right don't work at all. This makes it really hard to use
mythvideo :-(

And, I can't use a regular keyboard in mythvideo.

I had the default video player setup to use mplayer, I changed it to
"Internal" and still have the same behaviour.

Is there some known change in myth or mythvideo in .22 that is causing this?

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks ...

-- Patrick Mansfield