[mythtv-users] How to set up multiple tuners with different channels?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 19:54:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:39 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>wrote:

> Just create another lineup using an adjoining zipcode/postcode that is
> served by the same provider with the same channels on 'CableDigital' so
> there is some differentiation in the limeups.

I tried that, it doesn't seem to care - if the name is the same across zip
codes, SD treats them as the same source.

> I am missing something here. If your HDHR can tune your CableDigital
> lineup, why do you need a SetTopBox? Or is it for the encrypted HD channels
> only?

the HDHR only gets stations that broadcast in OTA HD like NBC etc, but it
also gets a few digital channels that aren't in the basic lineup. The HD-PVR
gets all the rest, including the important ones like Comedy Central, HD
Theater and Speed HD :-)

> Of course, you *could* pay for another membership! ( I am a director of
> SD!).

Heh, yeah, it's a great service and it's not like it costs much. The wiki
entry that was linked above looks like it can get the job done but if it's
an opportunity to pay back the folks that help me with Myth, I suppose it's
good all around/