[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect - program (NFL) change, what should I expect in Myth?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 21:22:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Dave Richardson <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:

> This weeks' Chicago Bears football game was moved by the league from 12pm
> to 3pm.  That decision was made at least on thursday of this week.
>
> I've been manually running my mythfilldatabase script (no parms) and have
> written to SchedulesDirect to seek a fix.  Yet, the game is still not
> listed correctly on my myth lineup.
>
> I noticed a similar gap when a tv movie premiere ("Prep and Landing") was
> pre-empted by an Obama speech and rescheduled later.  With only 1 days
> notice, I didn't think too much about the update not making it to me.  But
> this NFL reschedule has me confused.
>
> So, my BROAD QUESTION (as a SchedulesDirect user) is: What should I expect
> to see (or what should I do) to ensure that my system updates to the best
> information when these kind of "last minute" updates occur????

I run a cron job with:

0 17 * * * mythfilldatabase --refresh-today

in order to catch last minute updates daily.  Given the timing of this, you
may manually want to run a similar command during the day on Sunday.  I
think there was some talk recently on the list that a --max-days option
should be included as well.

Kevin
<http://ebible.com/bible/NIV/Revelation%2021:4>