[mythtv-users] watching recording : sound but no voice

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 20 13:27:46 UTC 2009

On 12/20/2009 07:43 AM, Guillaume Membré wrote:
> I found that the problem is related to the compilation options :
> when compiling mythtv on my atom with --enable-proc : I get no voice
> when compiling mythtv on my Core 2 Q6600 with --enable-proc : I have
> sound and it plays perfectly.
>
> How can I help in order to identify where the problem come from ?

You should always use --enable-proc-opt , unless a) you're a packager
who's building MythTV to work on various users' systems, including older
versions of the architecture (at which point you should know what you're
doing or talk to other packagers to find out) or b) you really want to
make an extremely inefficient version of MythTV that has no
optimizations (i.e. if you're building a debug build for a very
troublesome issue that you can't figure out from a backtrace with
optimizations).

Feel free to fix the issue, but if you do, ideally you'll have a patch
ready before you submit any tickets.  My guess is that you were building
without MMX support--a configuration that's not really useful at all on
any x86-based architecture, and, therefore, one that is almost never tested.

Mike