[mythtv-users] Problems with 0.22 on with saved bookmarks.

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:58:05 UTC 2009

On 20/12/09 20:51, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/20/2009 03:44 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 12/20/2009 12:51 PM, Gordon McCrae wrote:
>>

>>> I've been installing 0.22 on my newly built OpenSuse 11.2 systems, and
>>> in general everything is going well.
>>>
>>> I have however found a problem (both with the latest RPM packages of
>>> -fixes and self compile binaries) when a video (or DVD) has a bookmark set.
>>>
>>> The next time you try to go into the video or DVD a pop-up is displayed
>>> to ask if you want to start from the bookmarked position or from the
>>> start. Selecting either of these works correctly, however the keyboard
>>> is thereafter ignored, so I can't skip, exit, or clear the bookmark.
>>>
>>> I've tried both without a window manager (my normal configuration) and
>>> with KDE4; both result in the same problem.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seen this, and (obviously) anyone know how to resolve it?
>>>

>> Known issue: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6815
>>
>> To resolve it, get involved and help convert the rest of MythTV to use
>> mythui.
>>
> Should probably also say, if you want to just work around it, do not use
> bookmarks in any MythVideo videos or DVD's until MythTV is fully
> converted (or at least that area) to mythui.

Perfectly sensible, however not practical as the "users" include kids
from 7 years old. Telling them "what ever you do, don't use bookmarks"
when they've all been using them for the last 2 years just plain isn't
going to work, and getting out of it requires a reboot of the system.

Looks like I'll just have to hang off implementing 0.22 until there's
some way of stopping this issue.

Cheers
Gordon