[mythtv-users] Deal with non-HD in SD only frontends?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Dec 21 13:43:25 UTC 2009

> ...so what you're saying is, once I've bought one HDTV I should be forced to
> upgrade all my other TVs to HD?

Why do you think that? When I bought my first HDTV, my primary TV (in
the living room) was still SD. I purchased an HDHomerun for HD
content, and I was able to use that video feed on the SD TV via the
PVR-350's TV out. Does your TV out really not work with SD content?

But I agree with Michael. Regardless that you may not yet be ready to
update the rest of your TVs, the truth is that SD TVs are
disappearing, and most likely you eventually WILL replace all your
TVs. Continuing to add new features for a technology whose days are
now numbered probably isn't the best use of resources for the limited
number of developers, so I don't blame them if they choose not to
implement it. If you know how to program, you can try to do it
yourself. Even if the devs don't want to include the feature in myth,
that's not stopping you (I've wrote a number of patches for my own
personal system that didn't get included in myth)

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/