[mythtv-users] Mythtv and portable device
mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Dec 21 15:17:55 UTC 2009
At 2:32 AM +0000 12/19/09, Xavier Hervy wrote:
>Does anybody is working on a connectionless (to the backend)
>configuration of mythtv.
>I would like to use my laptop as a frontend, but I would like to be
>able to do it without a connection to my backend all the time.
>Is it possible to configure a slave backend instead, or something like this ?
The only success I've had with this is to:
1. Set up MySQL with a copy of the database on the laptop. Strictly
speaking, you probably don't need all of the data in all of the
tables, but describing what isn't needed is lengthy.
2. Copy the video files to the laptop.
3. Run mythtv-setup and fix the storage group to point to the correct place.
4. Run mythbackend on the laptop.
5. Modify the mysql.txt file to point to localhost.
6. Start up the frontend. Delete any files you didn't copy in #2.
I used to be able to use 0.21 without the backend on localhost, by
playing the programs only through MythVideo. But, in 0.22, this no
longer seems to work. There really has to be a backend.
Dan Wilga "Ook."
More information about the mythtv-users