[mythtv-users] OSD display fade causes playback stutter

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 21 15:25:05 UTC 2009

On 12/21/2009 10:11 AM, Gerald Brandt wrote:
> I'm running Mythbuntu .22 fixes on an Atom 330 with vdpau.  My output
> is 1920x1080 onto an LCD HDTV.
>
> When watching TV or recordings (less so in recordings), whenever the
> OSD fades away, it causes stutter on my playback.  Is anyone else
> seeing this problem?  Is there a way to turn off the fading?
>
> It is worse on SD channels than it is on HD.

In your playback profiles, you need to disable the OSD fade.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles

(Note that a profile is the entry within the playback profile group
(i.e. Slim is a group--and a good one to use--and each entry within Slim
is a profile).  Therefore, you need to edit each profile within your group.)

Mike