[mythtv-users] MythTV vs Tivo (Australia)

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Mon Dec 21 23:50:06 UTC 2009

I have been bugging my Dad about getting a MythTV box and he has always
baulked. It doesnšt matter how many times I show him ours, hešs not
convinced. However, he now has it in his mind to get a Tivo down here in
Australia. I know nothing about these things so was wondering if anyone
could give me pros and cons of Myth vs Tivo? I would much rather he had a
Myth box, spending $600.00 on a Tivo would give him a reasonable Myth
machine with the right bits.....

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Bruce