[mythtv-users] MythTV vs Tivo (Australia)

Graham wood woodwa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 04:52:04 UTC 2009

> >I took this info and rang Dad with my spiel and have semi convinced him to
> >go with Myth. The tip over point was his need to record channel 7 & 9 at
> the
> >same time.

Bruce,

Beware of using shepherd and Channel 7.. as 7 is almost consistantly out by
five minutes in prime time! I go to record a show and miss the vital part
because packed to the rafters plays over!

the Cheapest option from staticice in PCI cards(DTV1000s) is ok but has a
great remote!.. being thisI have recompiled V4L with every kernel update as
DTV1000s won't be kernel supported untill 2.6.33. so maybe steer clear of
this card.

Cheers Woody