[mythtv-users] IR receiver for Harmony remote, which harmony anyway?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 21:37:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Dave Richardson <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
> I have a USB IR receiver on my myth FE now for an off-brand HIB remote.
> Can I use that if I buy a harmony remote?
>
> Which harmony remotes would accomodate that?  Otherwise, which IR receiver
> should I have to pair up with the remote?
>
> Finally, what's the least expensive Harmony that would control Myth,
> Pioneer receiver and Sharp LCD?

i have a Harmony 670 i believe.  i'm using the IR eye from my PVR-250.
 i think pretty much any IR receiver will work with it.  any of the
receivers that are standard IR receivers.
any of the harmony remotes should handle your gear.  they all come
with software that allows you to selectively program them and choose
your components from a library of devices (may only work with Windows
and Mac, i didn't set my remote up on Linux so i don't remember).
Tiger Direct has several different Harmony models on sale (or did
recently).
i'd recommend Harmony and would buy them again. i've been very happy with it.

--
Andrew Close