[mythtv-users] Alternative Ubuntu Repositories

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 22:51:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is much talk of alternative repositories and builds of MythTV (with
>> patches applied) for Ubuntu. Is there a list anywhere; can't find it on the
>> wiki, preferably with a list of patches applied; pro's & con's
>
> I don't know about a list anywhere but here are two popular repositories:
>
> Mythbuntu: http://mythbuntu.org/auto-builds
> Jean-Yves Avenard:
> http://avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html

More specifically, the auto builds give you up to date builds of
0.22-fixes OR trunk, depending which you want.

JYA originally set his up as a backport of vdpau to 0.21. However it
now has more than just that, and its best to read his own page about
that, or I'll just paraphrase it and get something wrong!