[mythtv-users] Recording a show on specific days of the week

Malcolm Parsons malcolm.parsons at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 12:50:09 UTC 2009

2009/12/23 Vitani <vitani-mythtv at tfxsoft.com>:

> For example, Eastenders (for my wife, honest!) is on five times a week
> - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and then there is an omnibus on Sundays,
> I'd like to set Myth up so that it never recorded the Sunday episode. I'm
> guessing it's just not possible at the moment, but I thought I'd ask!

If you're using Freeview's EPG, then every programme has a series ID
and programme ID
The omnibus episodes have a series ID of fp.bbc.co.uk/kci192.
The normal episodes have a series ID of fp.bbc.co.uk/kci195.
The series IDs are displayed in MythWeb.

So you can set up a custom recording rule:
program.seriesid="fp.bbc.co.uk/kci195"

Shame this isn't very user friendly.
--
Malcolm Parsons