[mythtv-users] FF h.264 files using Internal Player

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:58:05 UTC 2009

I've moved over to the internal player (was using mplayer) for playing h.264
files.  I like having the OSD.  When I fast forward through the file, it is
not as smooth as with a recorded MPEG2 file (from HDHR for example).
Obviously, they are different file types, but I was hoping it would FF
smoother.  Also, I get audio from the program that doesn't seem to FF at the
same rate as the video FFs.  (It's strange that I never have audio playing
from MPEG2 files while FFing using INTERNAL player)  So the audio is playing
at normal speed but breaking up (not really skipping ahead) and the video is
very choppy.  MPlayer was much smoother and simply jumped ahead the
specified number of seconds I have configured.  If that's the way it is,
then I'm fine with that, I was just curious more than anything.  I'm running
Mythbuntu x64 9.10, MythTV .22, nVidia 9500GT (512MB) PCIe 16x, w/ JYA's
repo and latest nVidia drivers(195.something?).  MythTV is configured for
the "Seperate Video Modes" @ 1920x1080.  Thanks!

Jim