[mythtv-users] PVR 150 Quality Issues

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:41:28 UTC 2009

> Thanks - I'll give it a go when I get home.  I guess something else to try
> tonight would be to watch a recording on my beefy windows machine - that
> should rule out whether the recording itself is an issue?  Or use my
> mythbuntu live disc to turn it into a temporary frontend at least?

Actually an SD recording will look like crap on a high res monitor of
your "beefy windows machine", unless you can get a player that does
really good deinterlacing and scaling. Another way of looking at this
is that you will benefit from VDPAU whether you are having issues with
your PVR-150 or not. It will improve the image quality of everything
you play back on your mythtv system over what you will get with the
current ATI drivers/hardware. You can get a VDPAU card for $30-$40
(US).