[mythtv-users] Firewire or capture card?

steve networks1 at cox.net
Thu Dec 24 19:32:03 UTC 2009

It's even worse than I thought, then :-/  Yes you would think that since we are paying (a lot) for the cable signal we'd be able to use it.

Has anyone else had this problem with blocked channels, especially on Cox Arizona (my provider) through a SA3250HD?

On the wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Firewire_Cable_Box_Compatibility) andreasch says he's getting SD and OTA HD channels but no premium.  But another Cox subscriber in Hampton Roads says he's getting premium channels except Comedy Central.  I don't get why Cox would block here but not there...