[mythtv-users] Firewire DCX3400 Support?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Fri Dec 25 00:18:41 UTC 2009

On Thursday 24 December 2009 04:57:54 pm Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> Just swapped my Comcast DCH3400 for a newer DCX3400. I see an entry for
> DCX3200 but not 3400 in the myth setup menu.
>
> Is there any info on getting the 3400 to work over firewire?
>
> I'm running the trunk.

You might be able to get it to work with another setting. When I set up my
DCX3200-M in MythTV 0.21, there was no matching setting in the setup menu. I
selected whatever seemed closest at the time and then told Myth to use an
external channel-change script. This script in turn called a modified version
of the 6200ch program, the source code for which ships with MythTV. I just
needed to add some FireWire IDs to the source code so that the program would
recognize my cable box. This worked fine, and in fact I've not tried doing
anything else with 0.22.

--
Rod Smith