[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu: Slow Response to Remote Buttons, IR Blaster fires?

Larry J on his Dell LT larry at foxgulch.com
Fri Dec 25 22:27:50 UTC 2009

Any one seeing their blaster red led status fire when you press an IR
remote key such as Vol_Up?  (The volume should change but your blaster
shouldn't be firing as you are not requesting a channel change.)

This may be evident by a delayed response to several  IR remote keys
pressed in sequence.

If so,  I'd like to know what you see here:
lj at mythtv:~$ ls -al /dev/lirc*
crw-rw---- 1 root root 61, 0 2009-12-24 14:34 /dev/lirc0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    19 2009-12-24 15:51 /dev/lircd ->
/var/run/lirc/lircd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    19 2009-12-24 15:51 /dev/lircd1 ->
/var/run/lirc/lircd

Notice that the /dev/lircd and /dev/lircd1  BOTH point to the same
file.   If you rm -i the /dev/lircd1, then the red blaster led doesn't
fire but of course your channel-change-lirc script doesn't run anymore.
/dev/lircd is supposed to be remote commands to the front end and
/dev/lircd1 is supposed to send commands to the channel change script
where I have a series of   irsend  /dev/lircd1.

I think this is an error.   I'd like to ln (link)  /dev/lircd1 to
/var/run/lircd/lircd1  but I don't know how to do it.
I can delete /dev/lircd1 but  "sudo service lirc restart"  brings it
with the bad link? (as shown above).

See bug  https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/477988

Backend Info:
lj at mythtv:~$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 23001
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 55
Library API      : 0.23.20091222-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg