[mythtv-users] HD PVR and 0.22

steve networks1 at cox.net
Fri Dec 25 22:50:05 UTC 2009

I'm doing a rebuild of MythTV in order to handle HD and would like to use
the Hauppauge HD PVR as the capture device because it seems to get  around
all the encoding/multi-resolution nonsense.

So I read up on it in the Wiki
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR).  There is a warning at the
bottom to avoid trying this unless you're a MythTV/Linux wizard, which I am
not.

However, it implies (though it does not say directly) that it will be safe
for us mere mortals as of MythTV ver 0.22.  The download page says that
version is now out.  So am I safe to proceed with my plans?

TIA.Steve