[mythtv-users] MythMediaMonitor: A MythVideo Alternative

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 18:24:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 5:26 AM, Ben Curtis <mythtv at nosolutions.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Since the release of MythTV 0.22 and the increased support for MythTV's
> internal player, I've had the desire to have all of my media in one place,
> instead of scattered between MythVideo and Watch Recordings.  I have written

Hi, I and my household are confused by the separation of video and
recordings too, with the result that I am using ragetvgrab.pl and
mythrebuilddatabase.pl to put movies/tvshows into the recording
screen.

I really like your idea, but when trying to run it it seems I am
getting an error:

[root at southpole mythmediamonitor]# ./mythmediamonitor.sh
Already in Database: Cold.Case.S07E08.avi
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/mythmediamonitor/showData_*': No such file or directory
Replacing /tmp/mythmediamonitor/showList.tmp
echo "/video/movies/Tv/Cold.Case.S07E08.avi" > /tmp/mythmedi
amonitor/showList.tmp
Already in Database: MegaFault.avi
Replacing /tmp/mythmediamonitor/movieList.tmp
echo "/video/movies/Movies/MegaFault.avi" > /tmp
/mythmediamonitor/movieList.tmp
Using dates to sort movies alphabetically, watched last...
mysql mythconverg -u root -p mythtv < /tmp/mythmediamonitor/movieQuery.tmp
sleep 2
touch "/video/store2/mmm.movies."*
mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.77, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
readline 5.         1
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 MySQL AB
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license
Usage: mysql [OPTIONS] [database]
  -?, --help          Display this help and exit.
  -I, --help          Synonym for -?
  --auto-rehash       Enable automatic rehashing. One doesn't need to use
                      'rehash' to get table and field completion, but startup
                      and reconnecting may take a longer time. Disable with
                      --disable-auto-rehash.
  -A, --no-auto-rehash
                      No automatic rehashing. One has to use 'rehash' to get
                      table and field completion. This gives a quicker start of
                      mysql and disables rehashing on reconnect. WARNING:
                      options deprecated; use --disable-auto-rehash instead.

I have one tvshow and one movie in place to test, but as you can see
it claims they are already in the database, which they are not. There
is also an error in the script in that it wont honor the mysql user
name but is hardcoded to root.

And there are also comments on using python/perl instead of bash. I'd
ask you to stay away from python, that is a mess with compatibility
problems between versions which makes scripts a nightmare to run. I
run Centos, because I like to set up my machines and then dont touch
them for a year or three except for the occasional upgrades, but right
now getting for example jamu to run is a mess.

And BTW, will this script run with 0.21-fixes? That might be the
problem.. I have been holding off on upgrading because there seems to
be no end of problems with database upgrades and I am also worried my
oldest frontends cant cope with it (800 Mhz, 256 Mb memory)

--
Roald Martin Amundsen