[mythtv-users] Dual Core Revo (R3610) Out of Stock in UK?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 28 14:58:20 UTC 2009

On 12/28/2009 06:26 AM, Greg Cope wrote:
> On 28 Dec 2009, at 10:30, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I would expect any replacement to be Intel Atom2 / pinetrail based
>
> No Ion2?

nVidia has said they're going to stop doing chipsets, so I dunno how
many mfg are going to be particularly excited about moving to ion2,
especially given how few there are that even adopted ion1 in the first
place.

Assorted sites on the intertubes suggest there might be a pinetrail
variant with an integrated Broadcom CrystalHD decoder chip...

> Was wondering if doubling the number of shaders compared to ion(1) would
> make a difference to vdpau?

If I'm thinking clearly, I think it could potentially let you use the
advanced 2x deint filter w/hd-sized content on an ion2 system, which you
can't do on ion1.

> Atom2 is not much different to atom as far a I can tell bar a reduced
> power consumption that may be due to the chipset rather than the CPU.

Yep, largely due to chipset. Current atom systems use a rather dated
i945 chipset that is indeed rather sucky wrt power consumption.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com