[mythtv-users] IR for rebuild

steve networks1 at cox.net
Mon Dec 28 20:51:56 UTC 2009

I am rebuilding my MythTV system.  The previous one had a Hauppauge cap card
which crapped out (video out portion).  I want an IR receiver on my new
system and I'm wondering if I can use this card for that purpose (it has
built in IR) without using any of the other functions on it.

If not, or if that's a bad idea, does anyone know where I can buy a receiver
so I can use the handheld remote that came with the Hauppauge?  I checked
the Wiki, but it suggests a homebrew receiver (I've got enough on my hands
with the MythTV rebuild, thanks) or buying the Microsoft MCE remote.

Thanks.

Steve