[mythtv-users] HD-PVR IR Blaster Guide

Bobby Schwartz rschwartz at lastar.com
Tue Dec 29 14:32:15 UTC 2009

I've gotten a couple requests for more info on configuring this in Mythbuntu.  I posted some steps in the MythTV wiki for the HD-PVR.  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR  These steps should get most people up and running.  It does require compiling drivers - if you're not comfortable doing it then something like Fedora (already includes IR support) may be a better option.

You'll still need a channel changer script.  Here's a simple example I wrote.  Remember to change keyprefix to suit your setup.

#!/bin/bash

irsend="irsend"
SEND_ONCE="SEND_ONCE"
remote="blaster"
keyprefix="0_125_KEY_"

for ((i=0 ; i<${#1} ; i++)); do
 echo $irsend $SEND_ONCE $remote $keyprefix${1:i:1}
 $irsend $SEND_ONCE $remote $keyprefix${1:i:1}
done