[mythtv-users] DVD ISOs

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue Dec 29 18:24:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I dont have that option; We have not one bit of Windows in the house.
>
> 2 people
> 4 pcs (all versions of Ubuntu 9.10)
> 2 mobile phones (Android) &
> 1 Internet Tablet (N800 on Maemo - possibly soon Android/NitDroid)

Myth won't help you with copy protection. The devs have specifically stated
they will not do anything that could cause problems for the US DMCA. In
fact, this conversation is bordering on breaking the rules, now that I think
about it.

So, you can try Windows apps in WINE or VirtualBox. Or try to find a Linux
app, but I'm not aware of one. Or just download the movies, you have a
license if you bought the disk. Many of the apps don't really do ISO,
probably because of the silly copy protection.

I rip to MKV for the main movie and put the disc in a large changer for
times I want to play from that for whatever reason. Only works from that TV,
but it's a trade I can live with. I've considered attempting to set up VLC
multicast streaming from that FE to the other FEs, but it seems like a lot
of work for little gain.