[mythtv-users] Match display refresh rate to video framerate

Mark Schuren schurenmark at versanet.de
Tue Dec 29 20:38:17 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard:

> If you were using my xorg.conf you would have about a dozen of refresh
> rates showing up.
>
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Patches_%26_Add-Ons/Entries/2008/9/5_xorg.conf_and_specific_refresh_rates.html
>
> No idea what you are doing ; your xorg.conf looks allright to me.

No idea what's going wrong here either.

I've copied the modelines and relevant options from your example
xorg.conf to mine, just as posted. Copy/pasted your Modelines and set
the two key options mentioned on your page (for exact timings and ignore
EDID frequency info). All the manually defined modes get listed in
nvidia-settings and are all working fine when selected from there. But
just like before - mythfrontend still shows fewer modes (i think myth
omits the interlaced ones), and still does not select 50Hz
automatically...

> > Here is my xorg.conf:
> > http://mythtv-users.pastebin.ca/1729357

> Anyhow ; try trunk ; or recompile 0.22-fixes with
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23023 (it will apply nicely on
> 0.22-fixes).

I'll give it a go and try the second option. I need another patch anyway
(#7481) for some German HD channels.

But the recompile needs to wait a couple of days, since it's more or
less a production frontend... WAF...

> It should fix your issue ; I take a much broader approach now ; 50Hz
> will be selected for any rate > 49Hz and < 51Hz

I'll report back if this changeset helps in my setup.

Thank you very much for helping out so quickly! And thanks btw for all
the work/time you (and the other devs) invest into mythtv!

Mark