[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 22:21:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 4:50 AM, greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> Ben Woodhouse wrote:
>
> Something needs to be said here...
> It easy to sit back and criticize someone's work. I have been following the
> progress Mythtv has been making, and there's a lot of work being done by
> about 10 principle developers...
> I have been involved in many projects in my life,but have left a few do to
> this kind of reaction....It's open source...If you don't like something fix
> it if you have the skills,if not sit back and wait..
> Submit bug reports if you must,but don't moan and groan about something that
> is costing you nothing...

the original  post certainly wasn't a rant, it ws pretty well
reasoned. Obviously it shows a degree of frustration - and thats
something the developers should be cognisant of. Even if ultimately
they don't care about the user experience (which I doubt) then they
should at least be aware of the problems.

The right button / i button switch is probably an unfortunate but
necessary change (to allow horizontal scrolling menus). I have had the
i button mapped forever, but perhaps thats cos my mce remote has one.
People will get used to it.

The scrolling in list boxes probably is a bug. I don't often use
mythnews, but just tried it and the new behaviour is very counter
intuitive. IMHO when you scroll past the top/bottom you should go to
the bottom/top. This IMHO should be implemented in all list boxes
including 'watch recordings' and the video lister. I hate to harp on
again about the xbmc gui, but it does this very well. The current
behaviour is definitely a bug - its not what most users expect in a
gui.